WOW! What a week. Stores with empty shelves, Business/school closing, People being home bound with no new movies or TV shows to watch. Good thing I finally dusted off that book I always wanted to read! We are sure all of you by now are overloaded with information about the Novel Coronavirus disease 2019, also referred to as COVID-19. While many details about the coronavirus are still unknown, we recognize the best way to prevent this illness is to avoid exposing others to the virus. Our patients and their families along with our employees/providers and their families are critically important to us and we are looking at all options to make sure that we are able to treat patients and keep employees/providers safe. As you have heard it has been a difficult time with shortage in medical supplies and testing information. PYAM is reviewing information from the MN and WI Health Department, CDC and the WHO (World Health Organization) on how best to make sure our patients are safe and treated for all the care you may need in the best way you expect from us. That being said we need to make sure all of our employees and providers are safe and remind healthy, so we are able to care for you.
PYAM has set up a COVID-19 information site on our webpage to help with questions and concerns you may have. https://www.pyam.com/what-is-the-corona-virus-covid-19/ We will be updating this site with new information as we receive it.
Right now, the best way to avoid COVID-19 is through prevention, and avoidance. No Vaccine is available at this time.
Following the guidance from public health officials:
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds or use alcohol-based hand sanitizer. Wash your hands immediately after coughing, sneezing or blowing your nose.
- Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue or your sleeve (not your hand) when coughing or sneezing.
- When calling the office please inform staff about any travel, exposure and symptoms of your illness when asked. Triage may be necessary. Please call us before you come in.
- If an appointment is being made please only bring people that need to be at the appointment, consider leaving anyone that is healthy that is not in need of medical care home if you are able.
- Routinely clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces.
- PYAM has put in storage all toys, books, magazines that we are able to remove from their lobbies during this time, we ask that you leave your toys, books etc. home during this time.
- Avoid close contact with people or crowds if possible. In general, the 6-foot rule is best, handshakes should turn into elbow touches. Or just a smile and a nice Hi, how are you?
- At this time, we have not delayed well care but understand if you want to. We are there when you are ready. Delaying may be necessary in the future.
Stay Healthy, Rest, Eat Healthy foods! Remember we are here for you when you need us.
No advice can be given over Facebook.