Coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) is a respiratory illness that can spread from person to person. The virus that causes COVID-19 is a novel coronavirus that was first identified during an investigation into an outbreak in Wuhan, China.
If you are sick with COVID-19 or suspect you are infected with the virus that causes COVID-19, follow the steps in the guides listed below to help prevent the disease from spreading to people in your home and community.
- Remain calm and reassuring
- Make yourself available
- Avoid excessive blaming
- Monitor television viewing and social media
- maintain a normal routine to the extent possible
- be honest and accurate
- Know the symptoms of COVID-19
- Review and model basic hygiene and healthy lifestyle practices for protection
- Discuss new rules or practices at school
- Communicate with your school